Sometimes, I can be so busy at (house) work that I totally forgot to eat. :P It happened again last night. I was feeling hungry after mid-night and realised I had skipped dinner.
I didn't want to do too much cleaning and washing so I used the oven to bake myself these to go with some cabbage salad. Incidentally, this is the first recipe that got me to start my food blog. It was a dish that I had at a cafe at Borders, which I was trying to replicate.
You can have a look the original 1st version of the recipe here and the 1st revision to the recipe here. This is my 2nd revision. ;) I can only say that I'm glad it's looking better each time. :P Maybe I should really consider doing a revision of all my older recipes here. :)
- 1 Portabello Mushroom (I'm using medium sized here)
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped Ham
- 2 tablespoon Perfect Italiano's Pizza Plus or a mixed of Mozzarella, Cheddar and Parmesan
- Parsley Flakes (optional)
How to do it:
- Remove stalk from mushroom and clean it with a damp cloth.
- Spread a little butter on the cap of the mushroom and spread the the rest on the underside. If you have butter spray, use that instead.
- Sprinkle some garlic powder
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 5 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle some cheese, place ham and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 220C for 15mins or till cheese melts and brown a little.
- Remove and top with parsley flakes if you like.
- Serve immediately.