I have not make sushi for a long time. We went to Jin Tai Fung for Xiao Long Bao on Sunday so I took the chance to go (super-market) shopping for sushi making ingredients. It's sushi for dinner yesterday!
- Rice mixed with Japanese sushi vinegar
- Japanese Cucumber, cut in strips - length wise
- Avocado, sliced
- Prepared Radish, cut in strips - length wise
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Crab stick, cut in strips – length wise
How to do it:
- Scoop cooked rice into a bowl.
- Wait for the rice to cool before adding the vinegar.
- Fold in the vinegar. Do not smash the grain.
- Use a damp cloth to cover when not in use.
- Wrap your bamboo mat with clipwrap.
- Lay rice over the mat.
- Place a piece of nori on top of the rice.
- Place on the nori, cucumber, radish, crabstick, avocado and mayonnaise.
- Now start to roll. Squeeze slightly as you roll.
- When the roll is formed, spread some tobiko on the side on the mat.
- Now gently roll to let the tobiko ‘stick’ to it.
- Cut the roll into equally pieces.